Sunday, September 7, 2008

The time-saver Pressure Cooker


Since I have to cook for the family everyday, my kitchen is equipped with a few basic and reliable cooking applicances, one of which is the pressure cooker.
I bought a pressure cooker a few years ago. This pot has become the backbone for boiling soups especially soups that require simmering for about three to four hours. It is a fantastic pot as it not only reduces cooking time by 70 percent but also cuts my gas bill tremendously as only a very small flame is required during cooking.
On top of that, since less liquid is used for cooking, the vegetables retain more flavour and colour. The cooked food is succulent, tender and tastes delicious as there is no steam or nutrients lost in the cooking process.
The pot is also easy to clean, hence using less water and detergent. It is also more hygienic as no steam or oil escape to the air, keeping my kitchen cleaner.

No comments: