Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ventilating my kitchen with the cooker hood

Cooking is more enjoyable when you have less mess to clean up, especially the grease, steam and oily fumes that fly everywhere. I have installed a stainless steel cooker hood to extract unwanted greasy smoke and ventilate my kitchen whenever I cook. It comes with a ducting that connects to the exterior.

There is also a washable grease filter which is detachable for cleaning. Up till now, my hanging cabinets and walls still retain their lustre and my kitchen environment is well ventilated.

Another trick that I use is to place a large piece of paper on the floor before I start to cook. This will catch all those flying oil droplets during frying. I just fold up the paper for reuse after the cooking is done.

No comments: